Financing the Deal – Zoom Class
This class will be livestreamed via Zoom. You will receive a link to the meeting the day prior.
Why take this course?
This course will cover a broad range of important residential mortgage topics by sticking to the practical issues real estate agents may encounter working with buyers and sellers. The course was designed for real estate agents by a mortgage lending professional. The class will be an open format where questions and discussions are welcome. As time allows, we will delve deeper into any mortgage lending topics which interest the class. The preset format will include a review of key lending terms, then a review of the different loan programs and specifically what is different about them. There will be several handouts that will provide useful information in an easy to use format.
- Identify different mortgage programs.
- Understand key elements of those loan programs that impact the transaction.
- Have a basic understanding of the role of credit reports and scoring.
- Understand key concepts of underwriting of employment, income stability, liabilities, debt ratios and assets.
- Recognize appraisals concepts and how reports differ by loan program.
- Identify common appraisal related items in our local markets and how they impact the report.
- Understand the difference between lender decisions, agency rules, overlays, guideline interpretations and underwriter discretion.