Understanding Credit Reports and FICO Scoring in Residential Mortgage Lending
Why take this course?
FICO credit scores and credit histories are key factors in residential mortgage lending. In our economic system, strong credit is one of the keys to prosperity. People with great credit get approved for loans and they pay less. There is an understandable code to the credit system that we will explore. You will leave this class with a strong understanding of the FICO credit scoring system and credit reports.
- Understand the fundamentals of credit scoring, the general credit rules of mortgage lending and why those exist.
- Recognize actual FICO scores and the relative strength of that score.
- Identify positive and negative factors that impact a credit score.
- Understand the financial impact of credit ratings.
- Know which factors do not impact credit scores.
- Be familiar with consumer rights regarding their credit reports.
- Identify some tools to assist with credit.
For information on how this class can benefit you now, visit our Industry News section for Realtor® Magazine’s recent article on how often mistakes are found on credit reports.