- Pass both Real Estate Fundamentals (30 Hours) and Real Estate Practice (45 Hours), with a final grade of 75 or better for each course. Both courses are included in the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy’s Pre-licensing Package.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Complete an exam application through PSI Exams, found at https://candidate.psiexams.com, submit your class transcripts and other required paperwork, and pay a $49 examination fee.
- Pass a criminal background check.
In addition to in-person classes, the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy has partnered with two companies that offer online courses, The CE Shop and Mbition Learn Real Estate. You can find more information on these partners here: https://www.glvreacademy.com/online-courses
PSI Exams has testing centers throughout Pennsylvania, including in Allentown, but has also started allowing remote, online proctored exams for those who feel more comfortable taking the exam in their own homes. More information can be found at https://candidate.psiexams.com.
Currently, the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission has reciprocity agreements with the following states:
- New York
More information on the reciprocal licensing process can be found at https://www.dos.pa.gov/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardsCommissions/RealEstateCommission/Pages/Real-Estate-Guide.aspx
Yes, a few more things might be helpful for you to know!
- If pre-licensing courses were begun prior to August 28, 2018, the applicant is grandfathered under the old 60-hour requirement and those courses are good for 10 years. For any applicant who began their pre-licensing courses after August 28, 2018, they must meet the new 75-hour requirement and the courses are only good for 5 years from the date they were completed.
- Applicants must score a passing grade on each part of the salesperson’s licensing examination within 3 years prior to the submission of a properly completed license application.
- Applicants who have been actively licensed as a broker or a salesperson by another state within the last 5 years shall take and pass only the Pennsylvania portion of the examination.
Yes. The Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission is requiring that a minimum of 3.5 hours of the required 14 hours of continuing education be taken on the topics of redlining, steering, implicit bias, diversity, and the Fair Housing Act. The Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy is offering Fair Housing: Practical Training for Real Estate Professionals. This course has been approved by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission and meets the requirements for the mandatory continuing education.
This information applies to those licensed before December 1, 2019. If you were licensed on or after December 1, 2019, proceed to the question directly below.
If you were you licensed on or after December 1, 2019, you are required to complete the Mandatory New Licensee General Module and the New Licensee Residential Module. There is also a commercial module that you could take in place of the residential module, but that course is not offered at the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy. You could, instead, take the commercial module through Mbition Learn Real Estate or elsewhere.
The required Code of Ethics training is completing separate from license renewal, although an ethics course with continuing education credits attached can count toward your overall credit count for license renewal.
That said, REALTORS® and Appraisers who are members of the Greater Lehigh Valley REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional time within a National Association of REALTORS®-mandated cycle (for the current cycle, the training must be completed between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2021).
The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by NAR. The ethics training tests members on NAR Code of Ethics concepts, identifying code violations, and enforcement of professional standards.
Training may be completed through the National Association of REALTORS® online course, through local or state REALTOR® Associations, or through other approved education partners.
If you have yet to complete the required training, the following options fit the needed requirements:
- The National Association of REALTORS® offers a Code of Ethics course online for FREE without CE or for a cost with CE.
- Training can be completed through a REALTOR® association (Greater Lehigh Valley REALTORS® owns and operates the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy), the State Association of REALTORS®, or the National Association of REALTORS®. The Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy will offer Trust Based Ethics on September 21, 2021.
- The Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy has an agreement with Mbition Learn Real Estate and The CE Shop, both of which offer online courses. Click here for more information on Mbition and The CE Shop and their offerings.
Questions relating to the Code of Ethics requirement can be sent to Cheryl Graham at Cheryl@GLVR.org.
To review your education history at the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy, go to https://ims.glvr.org and go to Education > My Education History. For login help, contact the Academy at 610-694-0727.
Remember that we do not keep track of your education and transcripts from other real estate schools. Only information from the Greater Lehigh Valley Real Estate Academy will be available in the IMS system.
If you haven’t found an answer to your question please reach out to a member of our team for more information.