Why take this course?BOO! Selling Stigmatized Properties is a course designed to assist both appraisers and agents in the pricing and valuation of properties that are stigmatized. Stigmatized properties are a challenge to both agents and appraisers, and this course is designed to help both groups more easily work with these specialized properties. The instructor will discuss the unique skills needed for selling and pricing these homes and how to discuss these homes with buyers. Additionally, tips and tricks from real-life stigmatized home sales will be reviewed and analyzed.
- Identify what a stigmatized property is and the differences between the six common types of stigmas -- criminal, debt, minimal, murder/suicide, phenomena/haunting, and public.
- Discuss disclosure laws in Pennsylvania.
- Discuss who is required to make the disclosure. Seller? Listing agent? Buyer agent? Appraiser?
- Review of the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics.
- Debate and analyze how a stigma can affect the pricing of a home.
- Discuss challenges for appraisers in identifying stigmatized homes and making adjustments to price.