Why take this course?As part of your professional duties as a REALTOR®, you are charged with collecting and storing vital information from your customers and consumers. You also are encouraged to use many technology tools and online resources that open you and your clients up to the risk of viruses, malware, social engineering, identity theft and more. And with today’s consumer being more connected and prepared than ever before, they expect their REALTOR® to understand and be proficient with all technological advancements. Plus, there are many laws, policies and general etiquette items that have to be addressed.
This session is intended to help today’s REALTOR® steer themselves and their clients’ through the perilous legal, online and social media world, plus personal and computer safety tips to keep the consumer information stored on their computer devices and in the cloud safe.
- Recognize how an infected device makes the consumer data/information that you collect and store vulnerable to identity or credit fraud
- Identify techniques to avoid infection, protect and encrypt your personal and client (consumer) data on your devices.
- Identify the risks of storing your and your client’s information in the cloud and be able to list safe cloud solutions
- Recognize the importance of training every member of your team/company to implement tech safety procedures to ensure all customer information collected is secured.
- Recognize the state and federal laws relating to technology that affect your job as a REALTOR® and your interactions with consumers.
- Recognize the National Association of REALTORS® policies and laws relating to technology that affect your job as a REALTOR® and your interactions with consumers.