Why take this course?
Changing regulations regarding medical and recreational marijuana and service animals make advising clients difficult. Throw in the rules governing liquor law and you have a minefield of zoning, financing and liability. In this class, learn about these regulations that impact both real estate purchases and leases. Additionally, liquor law regulations will be reviewed as they, too, impact the use of real estate and come with their own set of considerations.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
The following individuals from Norris McLaughlin, P.A., Attorneys at Law will participate in the class with their specific expertise, including:
- Be aware of the items landlords must consider when renting a property to a tenant with a liquor license.
- Understand the implications of leasing a property to a manufacturer of medical marijuana, including the eviction process and the restrictions on property use.
- Be aware of the legal versus illegal uses of marijuana in order to advise landlords, tenants and property buyers of their rights and responsibilities.
- Understand the difference between a service animal and an emotional support animal.
- Advise clients on the responsibilities and liability of having an animal on their premises.