Why take this course?This course has been approved by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission for 3.5 REQUIRED continuing education credits for the 2018-2020 licensing renewal period. It will provide the mandatory 2 hours of review of real estate advertising guidelines, both from RELRA and other regulators, and 1.5 hours of review of RELRA regarding property management.
Students will review the rules and regulations of the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission, as well as Federal laws, such as Regulation Z, and HUD guidelines, social media, and what agents need to do to comply with these laws. We will also review RELRA regulations regarding requirements to manage property in Pennsylvania, and review Fair Housing guidelines.
In addition to providing students with 3.5 required continuing education credits, this course also satisfies NAR's Code of Ethics training for the 2019-2020 training cycle.
- Identify the basic requirements for advertising in order to comply with RELRA
- Review HUD guidelines regarding advertising
- Describe Regulation Z and how it affects real estate advertising
- Interpret all of the above regulations as they apply to social media advertising
- Identify the requirements to be a property manager in Pennsylvania
- Review the recent case dismissal of an unlicensed person who attempted to sue the SREC to continue to manage real estate
- Explain best practices for real estate management
- Classify Fair Housing classes, and discuss emotional support animals