2022-2024 Mandatory CE: That’s Not My Job! Licensee v. Broker Responsibilities
Why Take This Course?
This course fulfills the mandatory CE class requirement for the 2022-2024 continuing education/renewal cycle for those who have completed their first license renewal.
The SREC, the Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®, local associations of REALTORS®, educators, and most brokers and licensees have the goal of protecting the integrity of the real estate profession and encourage all licensees to follow laws, regulations, ethics, and in general, elevate the profession. The SREC has mandated that all PA licensees must take a minimum of 3 hours of education that covers the responsibilities of the broker and the responsibilities of licensees in regard to property management, advertising, and general supervision including commissions and fees. The SREC provided a number of case studies to consider in this course.
The categories of identified issues are:
- Property management complaints
- Refusal to respond to a complaint
- Refusal to allow a routine office inspection; did not respond to calls, letters, emails, etc.
- Demonstrating bad faith and incompetence
- An agent who lied about a transaction, bordering on fraud
- Escrow violations
- Making no effort to sell a listed property
In addition to these case studies, instructors will use real questions from the Legal Hotline and other frequently asked questions from students, brokers, and consumers to illustrate the proper ways to handle these issues. Common misinformation that licensees provide and could result in disciplinary action will also be addressed.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the major areas of violation of license law within the past few years
- Review the requirements in RELRA for brokers and agents
- Identify the requirements of broker supervision, which includes RELRA, RESPA, Federal Law, State Law, Fair Housing; give examples of how brokers can and should supervise agents
- Review the process of a complaint against a licensee, what the Order to Show Cause is, how the licensee should proceed
- Identify, for both brokers and salespeople, how to use systems to manage risk, and ensure that the licensee is in compliance with all laws, regulations, and expectations
Christopher ForisterLearn More
Ready to enroll?
Member Registration$45.00 course feeRegister Now How to Register for a Class
If you are a GLVR member, register here, today!
Non-Member Registration$65.00 course feeRegister Now
Not a member? No problem! Use our non-member registration portal.