Cybersecurity: How Tech Can Ruin Your Business – Zoom
This is a livestream class. You will receive a link the day prior to class. Please add glvr.org to your email whitelist.
Why take this course?
With the increased susceptibility in the real estate industry to cybercrimes, identiy theft and wire fraud, it is critical that Realtors learn the best methods and set a new standard of practice when caring for their clients’ sensitive information obtained during a transaction. With the increased activity, communications, and sharing that occur on the internet and through social media, Realtors must educate their clients on safety precautions. This course is designed to elevate awareness, assist students in establishing policies and procedures, and raise the level of care offered to the consumer when we promise to protect and promote a client’s best interests. Students will take a pretest on their current security systems and recognize where they may be harming their clients.
At the end of this class, students will:
- Identify why and how the real estate industry has become a primary target for hackers and cyber criminals.
- Identify what PPI is in their state, and why they are legally required to protect this information if they come in contact with it for any of their clients.
- identify the best anti-virus tools to protect their devices, how to properly ensure all software and apps are up-to-date and patched and how creating strong passwords is key to protecting their devices, accounts, client files and communications.
- Describe what encryption is and how it should be used by agents for file management and correspondence.
- Explain what wire transfer fraud is and how it works, and how to protect themselves and their customers from this prevalent scam targeting the industry.
- Review the spam act, the Do Not Call Registry, as well as advertising requirements, Fair Housing, and ADA compliance standards as well as the NAR’s Code of Ethics.