Home Finance Resource Certification Class (NAR Certificate Course)
Why take this course?
This course will teach you how to guide your buyers through the mortgage preapproval process by, for example, creating a mortgage application checklist with all of the documents they’ll need. The course also covers resources for addressing low credit scores, alternative financing options like first-time homebuyer assistance or low down payment programs, and how to avoid the most common mortgage sticking points in a transaction. For example, the mortgage preapproval—not just prequalification—has become key for buyers competing against multiple offers in today’s market.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of understanding all aspects of mortgage finance to add value for your clients and grow a thriving real estate business.
- Explain how the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) work to provide equal opportunity to housing and fair, unbiased access to financing for all potential homebuyers.
- Explain the factors that are contributing to today’s housing market conditions, as well as reasons for optimism and caution.
- Distinguish between conventional versus government-backed mortgages, as well as the different types of government-backed mortgages.
- Explain how the mortgage industry works and the process for applying for and getting approved for a mortgage.
- Explain how to help protect your client from lending discrimination as well as how to navigate the mortgage process generally.
All course materials are included