Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
Why take this course?
Introduction to Commercial Real Estate provides an introduction to the types of commercial properties, the terminology used for each type of property, and how each property is classified. This course includes an introduction to the basics of office, retail and shopping centers, industrial and warehouse, senior living, special purpose, hotels and hospitality property, multifamily development, farm and ranch, and others.
In this course, students will learn:
- Property types and terminology
- Data Collection and Site Analysis
- Investment Analysis
- Commercial Leases
- Commercial Mortgages
- Prospecting and Presentations for Commercial Clients
- Providing Service and Marketing Listings
- Working with Buyers and Tenants
- The Sale – Negotiating and Due Diligence
Required Text: Introduction to Listing and Selling Commercial Real Estate, Loren Keim