Planning and Zoning for Realtors
Why take this Course?
Decisions on zoning and planning have a major impact on the look and feel of a community, real property values, the services and businesses available, and the location of critical infrastructure. In certain situations, zoning may be altered to achieve a goal of the community, such as more manufacturing or housing or to preserve a valuable resource. Appropriate planning can protect property values and minimize negative impacts associated with expanding development. Without these rules, new landowners can experience development which results in incompatible or nuisance land uses and loss of property values. This class will cover the basics of the municipal planning and zoning process, so Realtors will be able to inform their clients about permitted use, obtaining a variance or developing vacant land.
At the end of this course, students will:
1. Understand the importance of the PA Municipal Planning Code.
2. Understand the planning process and how municipal plans are adopted.
3. Recognize different types of zoning and the ordinances that cover them.
4. Define a subdivision and land development along with the related regulations.
5. How to appeal a zoning decision or dispute.
6. Understand the future challenges and opportunities for planning in Pennsylvania.
Sam RutaLearn More
Ready to enroll?
Member Registration$45.00 course feeRegister Now How to Register for a Class
If you are a GLVR member, register here, today!
Non-Member Registration$65.00 course feeRegister Now
Not a member? No problem! Use our non-member registration portal.