Real Estate Law
Why take this course?
Real Estate Law is required by the Pa. Real Estate Commission to qualify for a Broker’s license and also fulfills 30 hours of continuing education.
This course will introduce you to principles of law applicable to real estate with emphasis on the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The course is designed to help prepare students to pursue a career in the real estate industry.
Upon completion, the student will have learned to:
- Define terms used in real estate transactions
- Prepare various legal documents needed to buy or sell real estate
- Prepare a checklist of all documents, including a settlement sheet, involved in a real estate closing
- Prepare the letters and make a list of checks needed to effectuate a closing and to record documents in the Office for the Recording of Deeds
- Prepare lease arrangements that comply with Pennsylvania law.
Instructor handouts are included.