Why take this course?
Residential Construction is one of eight courses developed by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission to fulfill the 6 credit elective requirement to qualify for a Broker’s license. This 30 hour course also provides continuing education credits.
In this course, students will learn about:
- Construction Terminology
- Architecture and Design
- Building Components and Materials
- Mechanical Systems
- Structural Defects
- The Construction Process
- Construction Laws
- Subdividing and Development
- Site Preparation
- Estimating Costs and Bidding Contracts
- History and Trends in Housing
- Financing and Marketing New Construction