Selling Oil Heated Listings
Why Take This Course?
In this class we discuss historical energy prices, where our oil comes from, supply concerns and its impact on the market. We will cover how real estate licensees can confidently address these issues with buyers. As much of the Lehigh Valley’s housing stock is heated by oil, these are important talking points to know.
The class includes a discussion on best practices for counseling clients, which heating programs to ask for and why, and which to stay clear of. From the underground to above ground, you’ll learn today’s modern replacement options for tanks, where to find rebates, and the visual indicators an above ground tank is imminently at risk. Students will learn when it’s best to remove, abandon in place, or leave a tank alone. The course will also cover what’s involved in converting from oil heat, how much it will cost, and how long will it take to recoup the cost of conversion.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify which tanks are at risk, replacement options, and how to frame the underground oil tank conversation.
- Understand how to decide when to leave a tank in place as is, remove or abandon it. Know how to counsel a potential buyer on a leaking tank.
- Discuss volatile prices and best programs to help your clients through a challenging heating season.
- Understand when upgrading an antiquated heating system versus conversion to another heating source is a better choice.
- Learn how to help your clients access rebates and make smart economic choices to reduce heating costs.
Susan JanettLearn More
Ready to enroll?
Member Registration$45.00 course feeRegister Now How to Register for a Class
If you are a GLVR member, register here, today!
Non-Member Registration$65.00 course feeRegister Now
Not a member? No problem! Use our non-member registration portal.