The Investment Lifecycle: Buy, Manage and Sell
Why take this Course?
Investment real estate has a “life cycle” with various phases. Knowing when the property has reached its peak profitability maximizes the return on the invested capital. How does a property owner know what phase their investment is in and what are the characteristics of each? As advisors to real estate investors, students will learn about what should be considered when investing in a property and how to define its value. Overall investment analysis, including helpful formulas, will be discussed along with how to analyze the cash flow, and identify the best time to prepare the property for sale.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the nature of real estate investing, including the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an investment property.
- Identify the elements of investment decision making and concerns for the client.
- Discuss the important points in any investment analysis for a property, including the use of various formulas to determine value.
- Advise clients on the various property management options they may use.
- Determine the cash flow of a property and advise on the optimal time to sell the property.
- Discuss capital gains and installment sale reporting issues with clients.