Getting to Yes – Alvernia University
Note: This class will take place at Alvernia University’s Pottsville campus.
Why take this course?
Getting to Yes covers how an agent can learn to successfully negotiate on behalf of his/her client, without violating fiduciary duties. The goal of every negotiation is win/win. Agents need to consult with their clients to determine the client’s goal and structure a negotiating strategy that will help the client achieve that goal. Agents tend to focus on price, but negotiations are about price, terms, and conditions. Part of a negotiation includes carefully reading the contract as presented and determining, with the client, what is acceptable and what needs to be negotiated.
- Identify opportunities for negotiation in the typical real estate transaction
- Understand fiduciary duties under license law and the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Understand “Win/Win” and how to get to this position on behalf of your clients
- Outline how to structure a negotiating strategy with clients by consulting with the client regarding their goals for the negotiation
- Use strategies to help clients focus on their position
- Apply techniques learned in class to negotiate
- Understand some things are legally non-negotiable