Getting to Yes – ZOOM
This is a livestream class. You will receive a link the day before the class that will require you to input your name and email address. This will generate the meeting login information.
Why take this course?
Getting to Yes covers how an agent can learn to successfully negotiate on behalf of his/her client, without violating fiduciary duties. The goal of every negotiation is win/win. Agents need to consult with their clients to determine the client’s goal and structure a negotiating strategy that will help the client achieve that goal. Agents tend to focus on price, but negotiations are about price, terms, and conditions. Part of a negotiation includes carefully reading the contract as presented and determining, with the client, what is acceptable and what needs to be negotiated.
- Identify opportunities for negotiation in the typical real estate transaction
- Understand fiduciary duties under license law and the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Understand “Win/Win” and how to get to this position on behalf of your clients
- Outline how to structure a negotiating strategy with clients by consulting with the client regarding their goals for the negotiation
- Use strategies to help clients focus on their position
- Apply techniques learned in class to negotiate
- Understand some things are legally non-negotiable