Home Inspections 101
Why take this course?
REALTORS® specialize in real estate transactions, but sometimes, they lack knowledge about the physical aspects of a property and frequently come across things during walk-throughs that may not be all that familiar. In this class, we will explore the elements of a home inspection including the various structural and mechanical systems, interior elements such as windows, outlets, and fireplaces, as well as discussing common defects and how they are most easily remedied. REALTORS® will become familiar with how home inspections are conducted and how they are guided by the Standards of Practice used by the American Society of Home Inspectors.
In this course, students will:
- Understand the history of the home inspection in real estate and how it is governed in Pennsylvania.
- Recognize covered versus uncovered systems per the American Society of Home Inspectors.
- Identify the various types of systems in the home and how they are inspected.
- Understand the requirements of a home inspection, including what an inspector is required and not required to do during the inspection.
- Identify items outside the scope of the inspection including environmental concerns, wells, and septic systems.
- Recognize common defects of all systems in a home.
To see how inspections can be negotiated in this market, click here.