Navigating Cooperation with Competition -NAR Code of Ethics Required Training Class -Zoom
Why Take this Course?
This class will satisfy the three-year NAR Code of Ethics training cycle which ends on December 31, 2021. This class will NOT award PA continuing education credits.
This is a 2.5 hour course designed for real estate agents, which will review for students the uniquely cooperative and competitive nature of the real estate business. To succeed in real estate, agents need to know how to cooperate, compromise, and remain professional at all times. Agents owe duties to their clients, customers, and to all consumers. We will review the NAR Code of Ethics and review RELRA requirements for presentation of offers, disclosures and notices to consumers and other agents.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify ethical dilemmas which present themselves in the real estate business, which is both competitive and cooperative
- Understand how both the Code of Ethics and state laws require honesty, disclosure of material defects, truth in advertising, and cooperation with other agents, on behalf of clients and customers
- Apply negotiation skills to both expedite transactions smoothly, and to protect their client’s interests at all time
- List requirements for advertising, including advertising of closed sales, market position, etc.
- Identify agency relationships, and the importance of respecting agency relationships consumers have with other agents
You will receive a Zoom link the day prior to the class which will require you to input your name and email into a form. That registration will generate the meeting link for you. Completion certificates will be sent out after 1/3/22, but GLVR will upload your compliance record to NAR. You do not need to do anything further.