Pricing or Pandering? Market Realities – Zoom Class
This is a virtual class via Zoom. You will receive a link to the course the day prior.
This course is designed to help agents price properties in a changing market. Agents are encountering sellers who recall the overheated market of 2021-22, with multiple offers guaranteed for almost every listing, and some of those sellers have not yet adapted to these changes. The temptation to pander to sellers is there, but that will almost always end badly for both the agent and the seller. In this course, we will discuss pricing, and the types of discussions agents need to have with sellers during the listing and sales process in an unusual market.
Upon completion of this session, students will be able to:
1. Identify how to track a market
2. Analyze supply and demand and the effects of interest rates on prices
3. Understand how pricing a home differs from appraising a home: what appraisers look at and why
4. Differentiate among valuation products: will the property get appraised, or will the lender use an AVM or a hybrid appraisal?
5. Analyzing comps, sales, outliers, adjustments
6. Practice pricing discussions with clients