Residential Mechanical Systems: Old & New
Why Take this Class?
Depending on their age and location, homes can vary greatly when it comes to the systems that provide heat, cooling, water, and electricity. This course is designed to introduce Realtors to the various mechanical systems that are most commonly seen in our region’s homes. Learn about older systems that are still in use today, all the way to modern options for servicing residences. Become familiar with exactly what you’re seeing during a showing and feel comfortable sharing this information with your clients.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the types of heating systems that are found in homes, from the very common to more unique types found in older homes.
- Understand the options homeowners have for cooling systems and the common concerns with each.
- Discuss the pros and cons of furnaces, water heaters and boilers for domestic water heating.
- Identify various plumbing systems and the potential problems they can experience.
- Become familiar with the terminology for each type of system and how to explain them to clients.