Understanding Commercial Building Inspections
Why Take this Course?
Realtors specialize in real estate transactions, but sometimes lack the knowledge to know exactly what they are looking at or reading in a commercial building and the inspection report. This course will explain what a commercial building inspector looks for during the inspection, how to identify the various systems in the building and what factors impact the inspection. Realtors will become comfortable with understanding the terminology used in the inspection report and how to determine if the report is identifying a material defect.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Identify common terms used during a commercial building inspection
2. Explain why a client may want to conduct a commercial building inspection and what it includes
3. Understand the standards used by professional inspectors in assessing a building, including outside materials examined
4. Identify the various types of systems in the building and how they are inspected
5. Estimate the costs of current and future repairs
6. Recognize common defects of all systems in a building